Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dwyane Wade Wins Custody of His Sons


After a year long custody battle with his ex-wife Siovaughn, Miami Heat Shooting Guard Dwyane Wade has won sole custody of his two sons Zion & Ziare. When Dwyane announced the news to his teammates Saturday, he was given a standing ovation.

Siovaughn will be allowed to see the boys every other weekend and part of the summer. She will also have custody of the boys during All-Star Weekend and if the Heat are in the Finals.

Siovaughn's lawyer told the Chicago Tribune:
"Unfortunately I think the court got it wrong and it’s not in the best interest of these children and fails to recognize that Siohvaughn Wade has been a wonderful mother and a provider for these children, educationally, emotionally and physically,"
 Here's what D.Wade had to say about winning custody:
My life changed in a huge way. Mentally, I’ve been preparing for it for over a year now. To me, it’s bigger than that. For me, it shows a lot of people that you need to fight to be in your kids’ lives sometimes. You fight until you can’t fight any more. That’s all I was trying to be, a father in his kids’ lives.  I think them living here, being here, it’s a great opportunity for them and I’m looking forward to it for them, to grow up with me and us learning together, how to be father-son. So I’m excited.”

I'm happy for D.Wade it's always nice to see a man step up. It's a big deal taking children away from their mother.  D. Wade is an athlete so most of the time the children on going to be home with D.Wade's girlfriend, actress Gabrielle Union. I know miss Siovaughn ain't too happy about that.

1 comment:

  1. That's wassup. Shoutout 2 D.Wade 4 steppin up and takin on that responsibility. It takes a real man 2 do that. I wish him the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...