Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jalen Rose Arrested for DUI....Issues Public Apology


I have no clue why this story is just now hitting the internet, but back on March 11th retired NBA player and Fab 5 legend Jalen Rose was arrested for a DUI. While driving along an icy road his car slid and crashed. When officers arrived on the scene Jalen willing agreed to a sobriety test. He then in fact was arrested for DUI. I guess since news hit the internet the last couple of days Jalen decided to finally address the issue. Today he issued a statement through his facebook page:

"On March 11th, I was driving to my home when I was involved in a single vehicle automobile accident. I voluntarily submitted to a blood alcohol screening and I was confident it was safe for me to drive.

Although I was not feeling impaired, the results of these tests indicated that my blood alcohol level was above the legal limit. 
I regret the decision to drive home that evening and am grateful that no one was hurt in the accident. I apologize to my family, my employer and each and every one of my supporters for my lapse in judgment. I am particularly sorry for disappointing those who trust me to serve as a role model for young people. 
I accept full responsibility for my actions and look forward to a resolution of the legal matter as soon as possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...