Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Snoop, The Game, Kurupt, & More React To Nate Dogg's Death


Last night I reported that West Coast singer and legend Nathaniel "Nate Dogg" Hale had passed away. The heartbreaking news instantly spread across Twitter within minutes. The celebrity reaction was unbelievable. Second after second tweets filled my timeline from celebs and fans grieving over the loss of such an iconic figure in hip hop and r &b. Trending topics such as #Natedogg, #LayLow, #AreaCodes & #WestCoastLegend were amongst the top trending topics last night.

Nate Dogg was the king of hooks. Before T-Pain became the king, there was Nate Dogg. He started the movement. Nate Dogg made it cool to be "gangsta" and sing rather than rap. Nate's most famous hook was on the 1994 Warren G hit "Regulator". Other popular hooks were Dr. Dre &Snoop Dogg's "Next Episode", Ludacris' "Area Codes", Eminem's "Shake That", & 50 Cent's "21 Questions"; all four were nominated for Grammys.

Numerous amounts of celebs expressed what Nate meant to them via Twitter. Peep some of their tweets below.
"We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb. One of my best friends and a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophmore at poly high where we met. I love u buddy luv. U will always be wit me 4 ever n a day u put the g n g funk u put the 1 n 213 n u put yo stamp on evrybdy u ever did it wit. I miss you cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d slogan. All doggs go to heaven yo homie n baby brotha" -Bigg Snoop Dogg


" R.I.P. Nate Dogg. Why does it take Death to remind us about the importance of life??? Cherish every moment cuz tomorrow he might call your #"- The Game

"#RIPNATEDOGG" - Kurupt

"RIP Nate Dogg. I had the pleasure to be around him in my younger days when I was running with Snoop & Dogg Pound in 93 #WestCoastLegend."- Bow Wow


"There is a certain void in hip hop's heart that can never be filled. Glad we got to make history."- Ludacris

"I just landed Nate Dog is dead damn. GOD BLESS HIM R.I.P he meant alot to west coast hip hop. Iv always been a fan of it."-50 Cent

"Blessings go out to the family of "NATHANIEL HALE" aka "NATE DOGG" May he R.I.P! A true PIONEER N ORIGINAL talent. "REGULATORS" MOUNT UP!!"- Nelly

"RIP Nate Dogg- much love! If you had Nate on ya hook it was certified g sh*t"- Trey Songz

"RIP Nate Dogg, this is F*cking terrible!! my prayers go out to the pound and his family"- Jermaine Dupri

There were plenty more celeb comments but too many for me write what they all said. Nate Dogg will truly be missed. At the time of this post Dr. Dre, Eminem or Warren G had yet to comment on Nate's death.

UPDATE: Eminem released a statement to Rap Radar.com
“Nate’s voice in music will never be replaced. He helped create the blueprint for West Coast hip-hop, and I was one of the lucky people who had the privilege to work with him and the honor to have him as a friend. Nate will be sorely missed. My condolences and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.”


1 comment:

  1. He was loved by so many. May he R.I.P. Such a sad time 4 hip-hop and r&b.

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...