Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Willow Smith, Jennifer Hudson, Nicki Minaj & Aretha Franklin Do Elle Magazine's Music Issue

Willow Smith
On her full length album: “It’s going to be a party beat. I think you’re gonna like it!”

For Elle Magazine's annual music issue, Willow Smith, Nicki Minaj, Aretha Franklin, and Jennifer Hudson join the likes of Gwen Stefanni, Adele, Feist, Hillary Scott, Robyn, Stevie Nicks, and Florence Welch to represent women in music sounding off in 2011. Check out more photos and snippets of their interviews from some black girls that rock below.

Nicki Minaj
On being a rapper: “I always wanted to play with the boys. I didn’t want to be a pawn in their game or have a sidekick role. I wanted to be more of a lead character – a superhero.”
 

Aretha Franklin
On wardrobe options for her tour: “I am going to rock this [size] 16. Sixteen probably sounds large to girls who wear 10s and 12s, but I love it, because it looks good on me.”

Jennifer Hudson 
On the changes in her life:  “My surroundings and my lifestyle are different, and it’s like, what part of Jennifer is the same as 10 years ago? The only thing I have to hold on to is my voice.”

To read the full interviews pick up Elle's Music Issue which hits newsstands April 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...