Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vanessa & Angela Simmons Talk Their $70 Million Shoe Empire, Reality TV, & More In Rolling Out


Over the past four years Vanessa and Angela Simmons have gone from just being celebrity kids to following in their father's (Rev Run) and Uncle's (Russell Simmons) footsteps and becoming successful business women. The sisters launched there Pastry shoe line in 2007, and have since turned it into a $70 million empire. The sisters recently sat down with Rolling Out Magazine to talk about their success, what they look for in a guy, and more.


Check out a few excerpts below:

What are the most important things that your father and uncle taught you about business?
Angela: They lead by example. We sit back and watch what they do. Overall, they teach us how to make smart business decisions. I’m only 23 and I’m still learning. It’s impossible to know everything there is within the next couple of years. I just watch them. My uncle is such a stern businessman and I want to be just like that.
Vanessa: Growing up around them, you take notes. We’re really still learning. The company started with four shoes and now it’s a $70 million company. If there is a big decision, I call my dad or uncle for advice. 

What qualities are attractive in a guy?
Vanessa: A guy needs to make me laugh. He must be loyal. I have to sense and know that you are a loyal person. He also has to stand for something.
Angela: I like a guy who is funny and smart. You don’t have to be a geek, but you have to be open to exploring new things. If you come into it narrow-minded, it’s a waste of time.
Honesty is important too. Even it will hurt my feelings, I’d rather you be honest than to lie to me


For the full interview head over to RollingOut.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...