Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beyonce Talks Frank Ocean, Building Her "King" Bey Throne, & More In Complex Magazine {Photos}


Beyonce  keeps her magazine cover train going as her latest cover is the August 2011 Style & Design issue of Complex Magazine . Inside Bey talks about working with Frank Ocean, what she did on her year off,

On working with Frank Ocean:
"Jay had a CD playing in the car one Sunday when we were driving to Brooklyn,” she recalls of hearing Frank Ocean for the first time. “I noticed his tone, his arrangements, and his storytelling. I immediately reached out to him—literally the next morning. I asked him to fly to New York and work on my record.”
On Her Bey Throne:
"I’ve been fortunate to accomplish things that the younger generation of queens dream of accomplishing. I have no desire for anyone else’s throne."


On the drama amongst females in the industry:
“There is room on this earth for many queens,” she begins diplomatically, before drawing a few not-at-all subtle lines of distinction. “I have an authentic, God-given talent, drive, and longevity that will always separate me from everyone else. I’ve been fortunate to accomplish things that the younger generation of queens dream of accomplishing. I have no desire for anyone else’s throne. I am very comfortable in the throne I’ve been building for the past 15 years.”

Read more over at Complex and check out more photos of Bey below.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...