Monday, October 17, 2011

YouTube Spotlight: Wayne Wilson - 'Like A Star' ( Corinne Bailey Rae Cover)

Wayne Wilson is a 23 year old singer/songwriter from Baltimore, Maryland that I stumbled across  on YouTube a couple of weeks ago through another artist from YouTube I follow on twitter. Let me just get straight to the point, this dude is a beast. When I first saw that he was covering CBR's 'Like A Star' I thought to myself "ok this is going to be a simple, pretty, mellow cover" as most covers of this song are. But boy was I wrong. He does take the simple mellow approach for the first part of the song, then he puts this super jazzy twist filled with soulful harmonies on it right before he throws a little bit of church in there. Blew me away. I have never heard this song sung this way before and I can say that Wayne gained an instant fan in me.

Listen below:


Subscribe to Wayne on YouTube here.
 Follow Wayne on Twitter here.


Also check out a preview of his next cover, Amy Whinehouse's 'Back To Black' below.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...