Thursday, March 3, 2011

Da Brat Speaks on Life Behind Bars


Rapper Da Brat, who was released just a few days ago from prison after doing 3 years for aggravated assault, sat down with the folks over at  Bossip for an exclusive interview. In the interview she touched on who came to visit her, the haters she had in prison, Jermaine Dupri not coming to visit her & more.

Check out a few excerpts below.

 Who held you down while you were locked up?

Da Brat: All my family, all my friends. My mother — of course my sister. JD wrote me. Despite what people had to say about my brother JD, he just could not see me in that light and I understand that. Some people don’t want to see their people locked down, so I’m not mad at him at all. I love him and I know he loves me despite whatever negative things other people are saying.

Mariah [Carey] and Nick {Cannon} came… Kat Williams came… my cousin Stacy came. Mister and Jamel and Ralph came. Everybody came and they didn’t come just once. Somebody was there every week. Sometimes I was like look i don’t want to come up there I’m tired and I want to rest this weekend but they were like ‘No you’re getting up!’ and I had to sit in visitation with all those people. I had mad love and I’m grateful. I didn’t realize how many people really loved me still. I got like 20-30 pieces of mail a day from fans. I’m grateful for that because some people in there didn’t have nobody.

What was the first thing you did when you were released?
Went to get a steak and eat. Got scooped up in the limo and hung out with my partners, we just kicked it and talked about future plans. Everybody was trying to come get me but I just let my crew come get me, my boys… They been down with me the whole time, coming to see me every weekend even when I didn’t feel like it. Jamel, Mister and Ralph, that’s my squad, they more like my brothers. I told my sister and all them to just chill. They can come see me when I’m home cuz I’m in Atlanta on house arrest right now. They can come see me whenever they want to.

What are you going to do differently now that you’re free?

My life period is going to be ten thousand times better because my temper and my attitude have totally adjusted. I think I needed to sit down for awhile. I think God does everything for a reason and it was meant for me to sit down and regroup and think things over and realize I shouldn’t take anything for granted. i have to be very careful about my actions and what I say to people and how I react. I think I am a better person, a wiser person, a smarter person who is not going to take anything for granted anymore.

Head over to Bossip for the full interview.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...