Friday, January 28, 2011

RHOA's Miss Lawrence Talk's New Single and Upcoming Projects


I don't know about y'all, but I like Sheree's hairstylist Lawrence aka "Miss Lawrence" on the Real Housewives Of Atlanta. Recently he sat down with Bossip to discuss his return to music and his new single that dropped today "Closet Freak" which was released on fellow RHOA cast member Kandi's Kandi Koated Entertainment. Check out the interview below.

On his musical background:

I’ve always had a gift of song. I’ve been singing since I was little, and I started singing professionally between [the ages of] 12 and 13. But it was very much Gospel, very much message music, inspirational ballads and stuff like that. I’ve performed with some elite orchestras and I’ve traveled all over Europe and everything. At the same time, I had a strong interest in the beauty industry.

By the time I was 18, I took a break from singing because I knew I had a great voice, but I didn’t know what my calling was. I pretty much found who I was in the beauty industry. And that’s where I adapted the whole “Miss Lawrence” persona. 

On singing Gospel music as an openly gay artist:

I think message music and Gospel music touches home for everybody. It’s about what you feel on the inside. I still am very close to Gospel music. I sing a Gospel song pretty much every morning when I wake up. Me singing Gospel music, or any artist singing Gospel music that is gay, I would hope that no one would worry about what the world thinks about them. That’s something that’s personal, for me anyway.

Read More at Bossip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...